You know how much I love oatmeal, but I don’t always want standard grains. Sometimes I want to be a cavewoman and squat with weights than put on a pink hoodie and run. This is what “noatmeal” is for!
For the last month or so I’ve posted a lot of vegan recipes and thought, “Why am I leaving my poor carnivore friends out?”. I now present the basics of paleo noatmeal to acknowledge how delicious the keto and paleo diets are! And also, lately I’ve been into my mother’s delicious organic chicken sausage. No hate 😉 oh and BTW, for those of you who don’t have time, you have no excuse. Use leftovers!
- Protein of choice: 1 organic chicken sausage, chicken breast, ground beef, salmon, pulled pork, scrambled eggs, the list goes on! (In the first picture I used a lean chicken breast and for the second photo I ate chicken sauce with hard-boiled egg whites)
- Vegetables of choice: in the first picture I’ve used a chopped carrot, mushrooms, and a chopped celery stick.
- Sauce of choice such as tomato sauce, curry, chili or even almond butter!
- Other toppings such as flax seed, almonds, cayenne, etc. Even fruit (if you’re brave) !
- Chop your protein into slices, cubes or half-circles.
- Assemble other toppings and mix all in a bowl.
- Microwave in between 1 1/2 minutes-2 minutes.
This is a very nutrient-dense, low carb and high protein meal perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a post-workout snack! My first noatmeal was on the second day of the No Label Challenge and loved it ever since. You can make it paleo, vegan, weight loss or gains-friendly; depending on what ingredients you use this can be less than 100 calories or as dense as more than 500. The recipe is basically for you to throw in some savory veggies and protein, heat it up and you have the tastiest meal ever! The results aren’t always as cracked up to be–I tried making raw noatmeal one time. Don’t eat blueberries with cacao powder if you’re going somewhere public. Blue mouth alert!
Love as always and Happy New Year’s Eve!!