Ho ho ho, it’s almost Santa Day everyone! Break out your red felt hats, candy canes, pine trees, golden ribbons, roasted chestnuts, and of course…PEPPERMINT AND GINGERBREAD-FLAVORED EVERYTHING!!! To tell you the truth, finding out that Santa is a fantasy was not that shocking to me–reason why was when I was about seven years old I woke up at 2 am in the morning and still didn’t find any presents. Guess someone forgot?
But peppermint mochas, fuzzy scarves and gorgeously-wrapped presents are not my top reasons why I love Christmas. Okay that’s a bit of a lie. I adore those things. Christmas is my favorite holiday because the closeness of it to the new year gives me a chance to reflect on how I did that year and how I can make the next year even better. And because it is so close to New Year’s Eve, I can celebrate even more.
2014 in particular was absolute insanity. I discovered my crazy obsession with anything health and fitness and how I needed to stop hiding it. Health nuts are made fun of in this society. Have you seen food and body shaming lately? I can’t even. 😦 Enough of the bummer-drummer, though, now I want to show you what I have been dreaming of for my birthday on December 8th and Christmas! I know that the picture only says Christmas but that’s just in case I don’t get any of these by my birthday XD
- B-UP Bars: I’ve heard they’re like the cousins of Quest Bars but are softer and just as delicious! They have the same mantras of providing a low carb, low sugar, high protein and refined ingredient-free product for gym rats like me. I wasn’t sure which flavor sounded the best, so to save money, I bought the sampler pack on Black Friday. It’s here in case if I want MORE 🙂
- Larabar in Snickerdoodle: The last time I saw this beauty was at Disneyland/Whole Foods (whatever, same thing). I was addicted to the coconut cream pie Larabar and because fall and winter have the greatest seasonal flavors EVER, why not try a healthy, all-natural bar that will taste like a sinful sugar cookie? Sounds so good, my tummy’s rumbling!
- Wild Friends Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter: These. Are. Everywhere. Cinnamon raisin is my favorite flavor of anything–besides chocolate, of course–and to marry that with PEANUT BUTTER?! I was as overjoyed as a kid with a cookie. Not only does this flavor have rave reviews, there are so few ingredients that are completely natural and healthy! Best part? Everything is non-GMO!
- Nature’s Path Organic Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Waffles: Okay, chocolate and cinnamon-raisin might be my two favorite flavors in the world, but pumpkin spice is high on the list too. The pumpkin is a very much underrated vegetable–why reserve one season to celebrate it? Anyways, I also jumped for joy when I discovered this at Whole Foods. It’s made with brown rice flour, flax seeds, quinoa and amaranth! It’s been over three years since I’ve eaten toaster waffles for breakfast. Eggos used to be my staple. Yeah, not going back! But with Nature’s Path waffles it’s a definite yes.
- Perfect Fit Protein by Toneitup in Cinnamon Roll: Cinnamon roll…..protein powder??? Even after I discovered Toneitup and fell in love with their enthusiasm, humor and kindness, I’ve never looked into their nutrition plan or merchandise unlike Blogilates. But this product has won over my heart (and stomach)!!! I’ve always been a chocolate whey lover, but cinnamon roll brown rice sounds sooooooooo good–man I am hungry and want some cinnamon roll protein shakes, waffles, mug cakes and pancakes NOW.
- Lorna Jane’s Work for It Tank: Confession time. Remember my after picture in the comparison post? I didn’t actually purchase the top I wore! I just had a long fitting and didn’t end up buying anything; I know, I know, it’s awful. This year, though, I am determined to get a Lorna Jane item. And that tank brought me some of the best pictures of myself I’ve ever taken. With this top I can remember those days and relive them.
- Goldtone Small Discs Head Chain: Not fitness or health related but I love bohemian fashion. How can you forget Vanessa Hudgens’s statement look at this year’s Coachella? This headpiece would look amazing with a floral, pastel dress in the spring or summer. Plus it looks great both casually and formally, and it’s a wonderful accessory with a cute outfit for a post-workout date, girls’ night out or for my future prom look with a white dress, which brings me to my next dream item.
- Goodnight Macaroon Crochet Mesh Lace Dress: I was fourteen years-old when I first saw this dress. I desired it badly but looking at it made me feel horrible about myself because I couldn’t fit in it, but after dropping fifty pounds now I can! Don’t judge me when you see that it’s practically nets and string without anything else! That’s what a slip-on is for! This crochet dress is so simple, but it’s a masterpiece. Delicate, intricate and innocent but sexy at the same time. Dream prom dress FTW!
- Zara Platform Bluchers: What’s more devastating than discovering that your dream shoes on sale are sold out in your size on Black Friday? Many things but seriously, this was as saddening as eff. There’s a hint of masculinity in these shoes, which I actually like since it adds quirkiness to complement simpler pieces. I am now on a hunt for these shoes in Zaras near me. ONE DAY, PLATFORMS. ONE DAY.
- Quest Nutrition Multi-Purpose Mix Protein Powder: Quest bars are the cocaine packs of the gym rat. They’ve done it again with protein powder that makes thick smoothies, moist cakes and a healthy punch of protein! I’ve always use flavored whey so I’d figure that plain protein would be the best flour substitute. Plus, I don’t want to make a protein tortilla or protein bread loaf that tastes like vanilla medicine.
- Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond KIND Bar: Raise your hand if you’re at least sixteen years-old and have uptight parents who won’t let you drink coffee? Yeah, probably only me. So how do I sneak in a cup of Joe? Coffee flavored food 😛 I love, love, love, love and did I mention love KIND bars? Once I found this I automatically knew what my next new KIND favorite would be. I don’t even have to try it to know that I’ll love it. But it’s so good that I will try it, and eat it again and again and again.
- Triangl Swimwear’s Black Neon Yellow Flash Bikini: It’s very likely that I won’t get a Triangl bikini until I become a multi-millionaire
and get a six pack. Their products are so freaking expensive ($90 for one bikini?!?! Je n’ai pas l’argent necessaire!) and they rarely if not ever have sales. Hey, at least they have free shipping. Otherwise, I’m asking for this as a birthday or Christmas present. Because in Hawaii I’d def be wearing this. Yes. For winter break I’m going to the beach. THE LOGIC.
- BODYPOP Activewear Rhythm Cami in Night: How many times do I have to talk about Cassey Ho to let everyone know I absolutely LOVE Blogilates? The Popsters. The workouts. The Cheap Clean Eats. OGorgeous and Bodypop! I have an OGorgeous top and I can only complete my Blogilates merchandise with a Bodypop item! I fell in love with the Rhythm Cami in Night which looks adorbs both during a workout and post-workout, unlike most workout tanks. Black is ultimately my favorite and the most versatile color of them all, so night it is!
- Peanut Hottie: In my food combo blog post I said I fangirled like cray-cray when I found this product. Peanut butter…in a hot mug in liquid form? YUM! A dunk of this in hot water and Trader Joe’s unsweetened coconut milk and BAM, I got the perfect winter drink! I think if I got this it would be a while until I go back to vegan hot chocolate.
Those are my dream products for Christmas and my birthday. I know I got one of them already, so about twelve to go! 😀 But I know that these products aren’t everything. What matters most is not just giving to others but to yourself. Get yourself a better you this year. Regardless if 2014 was fabulous or suckish, ask yourself how you can make 2015 even better. I’m going to be a senior next year and I might be a totally different person, hopefully for the better. For now, these wishlists are so much fun to make and I love all the products mentioned here. I’d die trying to pick a top three. Maybe not die, but you know what I mean.
P.S. If you’re wondering, my parents actually didn’t forget my presents. They were still wrapping them when I checked the tree! 😉
Have yourself a merry early Christmas,