It wasn’t until around five days ago when the weather finally started to chillax. I mean, every day was still scorching hot with the sun burning so much that I could fry some eggs on the sidewalk. Whoever has the fresh fall winds and slightly foggy mornings are super lucky. You ACTUALLY have seasons!
That being said, hot sunny days mean cold smoothies once again. This morning in particular I was seriously craving cinnamon raisin bran, so why not reminisce the childhood cereal raisin bran in a special way: nana ice cream! The recipe is super easy, quick and SO incredibly sweet. I topped my smoothie bowl with some Trader Joe’s Toasted Oatmeal Flakes, KIND Fruit & Nut granola, Evoke Foods Antioxidant muesli and Nature’s Path Sunrise Crunchy Vanilla flakes, ALL cereals which are to die for. You can also use fruit, but…..I was out of it 😦
- 1 cup of overripe frozen banana slices or 1 extra large overripe frozen banana
- 1-2 TBSP unsweetened raisins
- 2/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup ice
- Less than 2/3 cup plant milk of choice; I used coconut milk
- Sweetener to taste (if your bananas are unripe)
- Opt: vanilla protein powder, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, except for the raisins.
- Stir raisins in the nana ice cream and serve.
What’s the weather like where you live? Were you a fan of Raisin Bran?