Why hello! Good morning! Good mid-morning, afternoon, evening, lunchtime, cocktail hour, whenever you read this post. How are you all?
(I’m well, thank you! Though I’m sure only two of you asked)
It’s an established fact that I went rogue from the blog for more than a year. Not a secret. The good news is that no catastrophe prompted me off the blog. As a matter of fact, 2021 was one of the best years of my life! 2022 arguably was another eventful one for me (not without its crucial life lessons)—admittedly, some moments during that year were definitely better than others—yet I took away a great deal. Many of which I hope to amplify in 2023!
For one, I’ve made it abundantly clear to myself that I need to be purposeful in everything, whether as small as feeling my best (or at least a little less shitty) for ten seconds or at ginormous as changing the trajectory of my life forever. For example:
- I set monthly intentions and affirmations to cultivate a positive and unique tone for each.
- My friendships comprise of people I can see myself being positively influenced by and vice-versa.
- I make sure to set aside a certain amount of money each month for investing or savings.
- Every purchase I make needs at least a 24-hour thought process (with the exception of emergencies, such as for car accidents).
- All my relationships, including those with friends and family, have their own intentions and objectives.
- I listen to music and watch videos I can learn from, both to model after and what not to. Most of the time, it’s the former.
- My diet encompasses a balance of foods that are beneficial for my body long-term in the span of a few weeks, in the span of a few years, and in the moment.
- I proceed with caution when sharing anything online.
Truth is, I started this blog when I was just a kid with a dream. A romantic, idealistic dream for a beautiful world ahead of her. And that dream came true, but I didn’t come out scott free. I reflect on a lot of what I posted online with embarrassment, though it’s possible that others resonated with my vulnerable moments. More people in my personal circle than I wanted read my posts. Can I blame them? No, my blog is on the Internet. Still, the Internet doesn’t have to know everything about me. But anyways, ten years after I started my blog, I now know that the digital world presents its own magic, light and dark. It’s best to use something to your advantage or to not use it at all if the spell doesn’t work.
Additionally, there were countless life events and circumstances that mandated my full presence and devotion to rectify them or figure them out entirely. I gave my heart and soul to places and people that deserved them temporarily (which I don’t regret, but once in a while, a warning before my 30-day cancellation policy of my time and energy would be fantastic, right?). I’ve found myself less and less allured by replicating images of social media couples or massive friendship groups that usually fall apart, but I would be more than happy to post pictures of happy memories that include my friends (showing them entirely if they consent) or a partner’s hand.
Now, for the life updates. Here are the quick stats:
- I moved around OC to be closer to my extended relatives! However, I still live in Los Angeles. Yes, I have two places. It’s a double life.
- No, I don’t work at the company I joined in early 2021 after graduation. I left after a year of work and found a new job in April 2022. I still miss my former coworkers dearly, though most of my closest friends are no longer at the company either.
- This year, I test for my pink belt at my jiu-jitsu studio! I’m so stoked to take the test and I hope to pass it.
- There’s a major food intolerance that’s KILLING me. I miss the food I used to be able to eat without critical physiological issues. More on that later.
- I’ve switched my workout routine drastically! Now I love Pilates, running, and Barry’s bootcamp. They have helped me get into the best shape I haven’t experienced in a while…EMPHASIS on while. I might return to rock climbing and regular gym training someday, but they don’t appeal to me at this time.
- I try to take life one day at a time, but not to get fixated on one as if it’s an end-all be-all. One amazing day doesn’t mean it’ll be a top-tier month or even year, just like one garbage day doesn’t equate to the rest being in the dumps.
There is so much more, but I would be remiss to condense them too much in this update. Hence, you’ll receive more posts in no time! That is, when I figure out how I can upload photos again (since I’m at the 100% mark of my alloted storage for media) and select which posts to remove from public domain.
Thank you all so much for your patience and for being there on the rest of my socials (see below!). I truly appreciate it!
Leave a Reply