In all frankness, I am not an avid chip lover. Yeah, I grew up munching on Cheetos by the fistful and could eat around eight standard appetizers’ worth of tortilla chips at any cantina, but I would say no if you asked me if I had any bag of chips in my kitchen. Sweeter snacks are my kryptonite, except for blue corn tortilla chips or sweet potato chips (though I would argue they are not entirely savory). Those bags would be gone within a day!
That being said, I manifested an entire BOX of chips to my family’s home. As a new affiliate for iWon Organics, I am in freaking love with their products. iWon Organics has the most phenomenal line of protein-based snacks including chips, puffs, stix, and cereal while maintaining the integrity of their ingredients and sustainability. All of their products include beans, brown rice, and peas, which contain heart-healthy plant-based protein, though some variations include milk-based ingredients. When my first package was sent, I requested to only receive their vegan-friendly flavors. iWon did not disappoint!
iWon Organics includes the following flavors of chips, puffs, and stix:
- Caramelized Onion
- Cinnamon French Toast
- Red Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Spicy Sweet Peppers
- Tapatio Limon
- Plus all their cereal varieties are vegan!
Below are the reviews I have of each flavor. There is no definite ranking as to which one is the best since it varies time to time. However, I recommend that you try as many flavors as you’d wish, even if that means all of them!
- These chips were so tasty! I love how they included a sour and tangy undertone while maintaining a mostly savory and slightly sweet flavor. Texture-wise, they are incredibly crunchy with a nice crumble and hint of graininess for variety. I ate them plain as a snack on one of my first days back in university. They were so superb that I could have eaten another bag easily!
- RATING: 9.5/10
CARAMELIZED ONION PUFFS
- Even the name alone enticed me. I popped a puff into my mouth with no expectations whatsoever, but I ended up adoring these! Each puff is decadently delicious with the taste of, you guessed it, caramelized onions! Instead of an overbearingly pungent smell or flavor of a raw onion, there is a slight sweetness and somewhat of a softer aroma. I gobbled them up quickly, enjoying every puff that melted in my mouth! While the color may be interesting, that shouldn’t stop you from digging in. No critiques. Caramelized onion protein puffs, never change!
- RATING: 10/10
CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST CHIPS
- Dessert-style chips tend to be a hit or a miss. I will say, I am grateful that I tasted this flavor first, because it’s actually my least favorite. Cinnamon is one of the best flavors out there, so I had quite high expectations for this flavor. Needless to say, I am very happy that this was the very first variety I ate because it made all of the other varieties taste beyond fantastic. The cinnamon flavor definitely is outstanding, but the texture is far too gritty and the cinnamon itself almost leaves an unpleasant coating on the tongue. Plus, the dusting got on my fingers quite a bit and didn’t stick very well to the chips.
- RATING: 5.5/10
RED PEPPER PUFFS
- With red pepper flavored snacks, I tend to expect them not to taste super spicy. These puffs did have a noticeable kick, but nothing that really made me reach for a glass of water (then again, I have an insane spice tolerance). Each puff is quite crunchy but also airy, one that would dissolve on your tongue if you leave it in for a while…which I admit, I have done before while taste-testing these. This texture was pretty much the same across for each puff though, but the caramelized onion puffs tasted better since their flavor was more vivid.
- RATING: 8/10
- Similarly to the red pepper chips, these Sriracha chips were meant to be spicy, but I found them much more zesty and zingy! These chips are a little higher in calories than the other varieties, but not by very much. I forgot to take a picture of this while tasting the chips, but my mother made some homemade guacamole that day and I decided to use it as a dip for these bad boys. Fantastic idea, of course! Anything spicy would complement a creamy and tangy dip like guacamole, pico de gallo, or a lemon or lime-flavored hummus from the differing strengths in taste.
- RATING: 9/10
TAPATIO CHIPS AND PUFFS
- Admittedly, I am not a huge fan of Tapatio sauce in general. It tastes super sour, almost uncomfortably spicy, a condiment that does not satisfy cravings or enhances a food. In fact, when I used it on salads and stir-fries, I always regretted doing so. While these chips and puffs are meant to be Tapatio-flavored, I was pleasantly surprised! The chips have a fabulous crunch as do the puffs, though I prefer the chips’ texture because they are not as sticky.
- RATING (chips): 9/10
- RATING (puffs): 8.5/10
TAPATIO LIMON PUFFS
- While I wish I could have reviewed these chips, my sister ended up eating them. However, she did tell me she really enjoyed the taste and the flavor! They made an amazing snack for work as she could just use them as a yummy and crunchy food to dig into without sticking to her fingers or sticking to her teeth.
- RATING: 8.5-9/10
COLLARD WRAP RECIPE (serves 4 smaller wraps or 2 large wraps)
- 1 packet of iWon Organics red pepper puffs (but any spicy or savory flavor works!), crushed into crumbs
- 1 block of organic extra firm tofu
- 6 ounces of cauliflower, chopped finely
- 2-4 collard green leaves
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F (if using an air-fryer, set to 360F).
- Toss the tofu in a cup of cornstarch as well as season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the tofu on a lined tray for 10-15 minutes, flipping the tofu halfway through to bake evenly (or if using an air-fryer, fry for 8-10 minutes).
- In a saucepan, combine the cauliflower, salt and pepper, and spices together. Cook until softened and a little crispy.
- Combine the tofu and the cauliflower. Remove from heat.
- Lay out the collard green leaves, widened and open.
- Fill each leaf with the tofu and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle the crushed and crumbled iWon Organics puffs or chips on top of each filling.
Hope you enjoyed this fantastic review! I’ll definitely stock up on some iWon Organics cereal soon 😉