Need a breakfast idea? Don’t worry, friend. I got you covered.
Overnight oats were, I admit, a breakfast dish I personally despised when first trying it. Basically the same as broccoli and I–hated it before, love it now! Okay, I don’t quite love overnight oats as much as I do with sweet potatoes, dark chocolate, and strawberries, but they have most certainly won over my heart!
Now, what could be better to kick off the school year than a seasonally appropriate recipe, right? Pumpkin spice and everything nice. Everything about pumpkin and pumpkin spice are absolutely perfect! What are your favorite pumpkin recipes?
When I found a nearly empty jar of sunflower seed butter, I couldn’t think of anything more perfect than overnight oats. Might as well use up more pumpkin pie spice! A little combination of gluten free rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, almond milk, turmeric, vanilla extract, pink sea salt, Stevia, along with topping everything with chocolate almond granola and butternut squash results in the best on-the-go breakfast. Voila!
Another amazing combination idea is crumbly brown sugar on top or mixed inside the oats. You can also use anything else to mix in: raisins, cranberries, pecans, walnuts, almonds, bananas, pears, dates, figs, sweet potatoes, chia seeds, flax seeds, and more!
RECIPE (serves 1)
- 3/4-1 cup of gluten free rolled oats; if you prefer to use 1/2 cup, feel free to do so!
- 1/2-3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (less if it’s too strong for you)
- Scant pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4-1 cup of unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 tsp Stevia/monkfruit/low calorie sweetener, or 1-2 TBSP any other regular sweetener of choice
- 3/4-1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cooked butternut squash, kabocha squash, or sweet potato to top
- Chocolate almond granola to top
- Carefully mix all dry ingredients in the container, bowl, or jar of choice.
- Slowly incorporate all the wet ingredients, stirring thoroughly and evenly.
- Let sit in the fridge for a few hours (5 minimum) or overnight.
- Before consumption, add a few splashes of hot water or more nondairy milk to thin out the oats. Garnish with your toppings of choice the day of consumption and enjoy!
What are your favorite aspects of pumpkin? I mean, you have to like something about pumpkin!