Here’s a thoughtful question for you: would you ever consider consuming an entire bowl of nature’s gold?
Thing is, gold is a naturally-occurring element on this planet, so in literal terms, I would most certainly pass on that offer. However, if someone were to present me with peanut butter or spaghetti squash as nature’s gold, I’d totally accept it in a heartbeat. Even though these two foods could arguably be perfect in their own way, I’m not spotlighting any of them as nature’s gold today.
In continuation of my high on turmeric, I present to you the best golden oatmeal recipe for a nutritious, satiating, and beautiful breakfast! In my golden milk recipe, I emphasized the powerful health benefits of turmeric and how consuming turmeric with black pepper, heat, or a healthy fat will amp up its health benefits by STORM. Highly recommend you check out that post and try out the golden milk, but this is for you peeps who like to chew your nutrients rather than chug them. Lately, I’ve been feeling that way myself!
On another note, you can most certainly make this oatmeal recipe savory! Add some cumin seeds, garam masala, lentils, and any desired vegetables to make a curry-style oatmeal! Curry for breakfast? Don’t mind if I do! Just be sure to brush your teeth afterwards to clean away the strong onion and garlicky breath afterwards!
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats or 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/20th tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1-1 1/4 cup of water or milk of choice (you can also use a mix)
- Sweetener to taste; I used 3-4 drops of liquid Stevia (IF making this recipe sweet)
- Optional: blueberries, chia seeds, flax seeds, etc.
- Bring a saucepan or pot on the stove.
- Boil the water or milk in the saucepan.
- Add the salt and oats, bringing the heat to a simmer.
- Mix thoroughly, gently adding the rest of the spices.
- Stir until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Remove the oats from heat and completely incorporate the coconut flour until thick.
- Serve with toppings and enjoy!
Do you prefer to chug or chew? Have you ever had terribly strong breath after breakfast?