Another “What I Ate Today” video is up, but this time, I’ve included a Sprouts haul that is really not that exciting or extravagant. Regardless, I wasn’t too busy that day (just volunteering after lunch) and wanted to film for you guys because I felt like putting in extra effort into my food that day, which I think was a Friday I had off, but not sure.
Anyways, I’m actually going to start this post off with the haul and then the recipes because it would take a lot less space and time. I totally forgot to take a picture of everything I purchased but
- Zing bars: http://www.zingbars.com/
- Bulk TVP
- Hannah sweet potato
- Thai Red Curry: http://saffronroadfood.com/simmer-sauces/
- Perfect bars: http://perfectbar.com/
BREAKFAST: COOKIES & CREAM AND STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
I was SO upset that the cookies n’ creme portion of the smoothie bowl was melting waaaaaaaaaay too much and it was overpowering the strawberry part. But otherwise, it was absolutely delicious and I loved the way the PB2 swirled on top in the drizzle! You’ll be surprised as to how well the tart strawberry flavor and the sweet cookies n’ creme flavor complement each other! Anyways, my toppings for this consisted of PB2, blackberries, strawberries, Nature’s Path Q’ia superfood cereal, Love Grown Foods Sea Stars cereal, Evoke Foods Morning Zen muesli, crushed Julian Bakery Paleo coconut flakes, and chunky monkey granola made by Arman!
RECIPE (cookies n’ creme frosty)
- 1 scoop cookies n’ creme protein powder
- 1.5-2 cups of ice
- 2-3 TBSP water
- Opt: 1 overripe frozen banana or 1 cup of frozen banana spices
RECIPE (strawberry smoothie)
- 1-1.5 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup ice
- Water if necessary
- Opt: Stevia or any sweetener to taste
- Blend the cookies n’ creme frosty ingredients in a strong blender or food processor until frothy and smooth.
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl and put in the fridge or freezer.
- Repeat step 1 with the strawberry smoothie ingredients.
- Pour as much of the two smoothies you can fit in a large bowl and serve. Eat the rest of the unplated smoothie separately! 🙂
LUNCH: TOMATO EGGPLANT ZOODLES
I really wish that I could make this a legitimate recipe where I make it from scratch, but this is what I got and I was able to make such a gorgeous lunch out of my leftovers! Plus, leftovers are the BOMB. This classic dish is so fresh, healthy and super easy to put together, and you get to admire so many beautiful colors!
- 2 slices of baked eggplant
- 2 cups of zucchini noodles (probably 3-4 large zucchinis)
- Yellow cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- 1/4 cup homemade tomato/marinara sauce
- Microwave your eggplant slices and zucchini noodles for 2-2.5 minutes each.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes and chop your basil very finely.
- Microwave your tomato or marinara sauce for 45 seconds to a minute.
- Chop your eggplant slices into squares.
- Plate your zoodles, spread the marinara sauce on top and garnish with the eggplant, basil and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with pepper if desired.
DINNER: THAI FOOD
Red Ginger has been our go-to place for Thai foodand whenever I’m craving my light coconut milk curries and eggplant stir-fries! We didn’t end up ordering these in this video but my favorites are the green curry and the pra-ram with steamed tofu. Regardless, the vegan tofu spring rolls, panang curry and chicken pra-ram with cashews tasted amazing. If you are ever in Woodland Hills, visit Red Ginger. Seriously, you will find so many incredible dishes that can be catered towards anyone’s preferences and dietary needs!
LATE NIGHT SNACK: DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT ZING BAR AND CHUNKY MONKEY GRANOLA
Every night for dessert I HAVE to have something with chocolate and nuts. They are so indulgent and decadent but even the smallest portions hit the spot every single time. This mini dark chocolate coconut Zing bar and half an ounce of chunky monkey granola that Arman made for me a while back could not have been more perfect. So as long as you give into your cravings the healthy way, whether eating a healthier version or even having the real thing in a reasonable amount, then you’re doing your body good. 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this YouTube video and as always, be sure to give a thumbs up if you did! Don’t forget to subscribe and comment below what you want to see on my channel because I’m always curious as to what you guys like the most! ❤
Leave a Reply