Often on the Internet and social media, I see these girls posting these “Dear Me” reads or videos and going in-depth of how they wish they could have given them advice on loving themselves, embracing change, not fearing the little things and obsessing over things that don’t matter and basically just speaking from a really deep and emotional level. I don’t know if I’d ever do the same, though. I would’ve just told my younger self: Dear me…EAT MORE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY, GODDAMMIT!
“What would you like for breakfast today?”
“How about peanut butter and je-“
I think my stomach had a panic attack every time I ate a grilled cheese sandwich. Dear Stomach, I am so sorry for the pain I put you through.
When I bit into my first peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I almost cried. I wasted so many years with grilled cheese that I never gave PB&J the chances it deserved. That was exactly what ignited me to create this frosty bowl, which combines two amazing flavors together.
The main reason why the banana is optional in this recipe is because frosties are not designed to be as creamy as ice cream. They are much more icy, hence you do have to chew a teensy bit once in a while, but it’s totally worth it!
- 1 scoop peanut butter protein powder (if using a casein blend, you can omit the banana and replace with 2 cups of ice if you have a super strong blender)
- (Opt.) 1 cup of overripe frozen banana slices if not using a casein blend
- 2 TBSP PB2 or peanut butter to swirl in the peanut butter frosty
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- Ice to blend (I used around 1 cup total)
- 1/4 cup water (or more depending on how thick you want your frosty to be)
- (Opt.) Sweetener to taste
- Blend the peanut butter protein powder, ice and/or banana slices, and half of the water in a powerful high-speed blender until very smooth and frothy.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and freeze as you make the strawberry sorbet.
- Blend the frozen strawberries and the rest of the water until smooth and creamy. Add ice cubes if desired.
- Scoop the strawberry sorbet and some of the peanut butter ice cream in a bowl and serve with toppings. Have extra “ice cream” on the side!
What would you advise to your younger self if you went back in time? Team Grilled Cheese or Team PB&J?