If you’ve seen my Instagram and my recipe posts for the last few months or so, then you know that I am obsessed with my large flower glass bowl. I don’t know if you have a favorite kitchen utensil or tool that you grew up with or just grew to use all the time, and for me, it’s this. It’s like using a Christmas mug all year-round because it’s so cute! I use it for breakfast all the time, and most of my lunches and dinners as well if I’m feeling fancy. It is beautiful, versatile, and is large enough for me to have super big portions if I want to eat a lot of food! Since today was raining and all of the meals were home-cooked either by me or my mother, I thought, why not film a “What I Eat in a Day” video featuring the same bowl to make things kinda comfy? Even though it didn’t rain the entire day, I decided that it would be called a rainy day because it was the FIRST time we Californians have ever gotten rain in a very long time, so this was quite special too. We don’t tend to have seasons, if you don’t know. Anyways, I am so excited to share all of these recipes with you–they can be completely vegan, gluten free, or even Paleo if you wish. I try to cook in all fields to reach out to everyone, but tailor to your preferences.
This first recipe is my favorite to make if I’m ever craving ice cream, which is quite often! During the L.A. Fit Expo that I made a video of a week ago, one of my favorite YouTubers by the name of Travis S handed me some free samples of PEScience protein powder, one of them being their cookies n’ creme protein. I had to try it in a smoothie and it tasted absolutely amazing! I found that whey protein is a great way to thicken up your smoothies as well, so this was awesome. I know that PEScience may not be the healthiest protein powder out there because it has sucralose, but I got it for free and I might as well not let it go to waste. Once in a while, a treat is perfectly fine!
RECIPE (COOKIES N’ CREME “NICE” CREAM SMOOTHIE)
- 1-2 cups of sliced overripe frozen bananas (I used 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 scoop cookies n’ creme protein powder; I used PEScience but you can use any that you’d like so as long as it’s cookies n’ creme flavored
- 1 cup ice (optional, but adds a lot of volume)
- Sweetener to taste (optional; I used a pinch of Stevia)
- Splash of water (optional, you can also use plant milk)
- Opt: peanut butter, coconut, chia seeds, almond butter, fruit, or even an actual cookie!
PROCEDURE (COOKIES N’ CREME “NICE” CREAM SMOOTHIE)
- Blend the ice, protein powder and water until there are no chunks on high.
- Add in the banana slices and sweetener and blend again on high.
For my second meal, or lunch, I had this simple but super tasty stir-fry kinda soup (I used water and veggie broth to soften the spinach and mushrooms!) that has vegan-style chicken, spinach, mushrooms and of course, Sriracha, because I am so addicted to it! This recipe allows you to use any vegetables you want, but I like spinach and mushrooms because of their anti-inflammatory effects and their versatility!
RECIPE (SPINACH MUSHROOM STIR-FRY WITH VEGAN CHICKEN AND SRIRACHA)
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 serving of vegan chicken; I used Beyond Meat
- 1 TBSP gluten free hoisin sauce
- Splash of low-sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- As MUCH Sriracha as you want!!
- Opt: water, olive oil, spices, herbs, soy sauce, etc.
PROCEDURE (SPINACH MUSHROOM STIR-FRY WITH VEGAN CHICKEN AND SRIRACHA)
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium-high heat. If necessary, spray with PAM or coconut oil.
- Chop up your vegetables except for your spinach.
- Add the garlic and onions on a pan and stir around until fragrant.
- Stir in the chopped mushrooms, hoisin sauce and vegetable broth until the mixture starts bubbling.
- Add the spinach and vegan chicken and blend in all the sauces and spices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with Sriracha and enjoy!
DINNER (BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD WITH ARUGULA AND GRAINS; BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP)
The recipes I made here are very similar to my dinner ideas in my Workout + Healthy Recipes video, so I simply linked the video above for you to find them! The only difference is that the salad I ate used butternut squash instead of Brussel sprouts! They both tasted amazing and are so light that you can have both and not feel too heavy.
Hope you enjoyed this full day of eating, cooking and recipe-making! Do let me know if you want more of these types of videos, what else you want to see and please like it, leave a comment and subscribe for support!