In every Tuesday Thoughts post, I just take some time to elaborate my personal thoughts on a certain topic and rant on and on and on about something on my mind in hopes that I’d feel better after or if I’d find that someone agrees with me. However, as much as I love to talk, I love to ask questions and learn about others! It’s a great way to learn something new about not just someone else, but about yourself.
With that being said, I decided to make a huge list of random little questions that I think would be really fun to answer in order to exchange information with you guys! So far, I’m thinking of doing this once a month to give people time to answer this and have fun with it, and I hope that it’s successful and if not, we can just say this was an epic FAIL and I’ll never do this again! If you find I deleted this post, don’t be surprised, either.
Today, I thought I’d layout some fun questions about everyone’s favorite topic, plus my favorite as well: FOOD! They range from pretty basic to a bit more complex. Hopefully you guys have fun with this, answer as many questions as you want (make sure you number them so I’d know which ones they are!), and you can also comment below what questions you’d want me to answer and I’ll update this every time I receive a request with my answer at the bottom!
Meanwhile, enjoy some food…or a lot…
- Favorite type of fruit, vegetable and grain?
- What was a family staple you ate as a kid?
- Favorite food product that is no longer available?
- Ideal wedding cake flavor?
- Self-serve buffets or sit-down restaurants?
- Favorite meal of the day?
- Would you rather have your spouse bring home your favorite takeout, or cook a homemade meal for you one day?
- If you were stranded on a deserted island with a single tree that could grow ANY type of food, what would that food be? (Heck, you can make PANCAKES grow on a tree in this scenario 😉 )
- Where would you most likely be found in a grocery store?
- Best memory that involved food?
- Favorite food-related tradition?
- Most delicious-looking dish that you saw in a cartoon?
- What food would you want to bathe in (as demonstrated)?
- Favorite type of cuisine?
- How many food-related Pin boards do you have?
- Most versatile food in your opinion?
- Wraps or sandwiches?
- Are you a scheduled-meal eater or a grazer?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- What is a food that you could eat every single day without getting tired of it?
- Food that you LOVE but rarely have?
- All-time favorite restaurant?
- Best cookbook?
- Favorite family-made recipe?
- Food that you used to hate but now you love?
- If you had a teleportation machine, which foodie spot would you go to first?
- Crunchy or doughy cookies?
- What is your favorite go-to recipe for anytime of the day?
- Cold cereal or oatmeal/porridge?
- Favorite ice cream flavor?
- Would you rather have to wait 12 hours (not including sleep) before eating a huge meal, or be able to eat at every hour but only in hand-sized portions?
- Do you like sharing food?
- Sweet or savory?
- Favorite seasonal flavor?
- Would you rather eat an unlimited amount of carbs or an unlimited amount of fat in one sitting without gaining weight?
- Tea or coffee?
- Signature dish to bring to a potluck?
- Worst first-world-foodie-problem?
- What restaurant dish would you want to replicate?
- How do you best like your oatmeal?
- What do you typically eat in a day?
- Best city for foodies?
- Guiltiest food pleasure?
- What is a way someone can ruin your favorite meal?
- Favorite food-related challenge?
- Last thing you ate?
- Greatest “not-so-healthy” meal you’ve ever had?
- Favorite childhood candy?
- Something that you ALWAYS have to eat cooked?
- What is a dish or a type of food that you’ve always wanted to try and that you haven’t already?
- Weirdest food combination that you think surprisingly works?
- Do you have trust issues with people when it comes to food and cooking?
- Would you rather do all the cooking in the house or have your spouse make food for you every single day?
- Favorite cooking tool?
- Are you or were you once a messy eater?
- Five-course or family-style?
- Something that you ALWAYS have to eat raw?
- Weirdest food label you’ve ever seen?
- Are you or were you once a picky eater?
- Food that you used to LOVE but now you HATE?
- How do you best like your eggs?
- Favorite movie-night snack?
- What is a not-so-healthy meal whose healthified version tastes better than the real thing?
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, or chicken nuggets?
- Last meal on Earth?
- Most exotic food you’ve ever had?
- Favorite type of food-related gathering?
- What kind of food-eating contest do you think you’d win if you entered?
- What do you generally do with something that didn’t turn out well in the kitchen?
- Rare, medium rare, or well-done?
- Favorite condiment?
- Best social media platform for food porn?
- Most epic dish you’ve ever heard of?
- If you could never cook your own food again, who would you want to make everything you eat?
- Does a trip to Whole Foods excite you more than a trip to the mall?
- Weirdest food you’ve ever tried?
- What stemmed your love for food?
- Something that you would never eat with your hands?
- Do you cringe when all of the food on your plate touches each other?
- Fork or spoon?
- Would you rather have to blend everything you eat into a smoothie/soup, or have to eat everything with your hands?
- Salads or lettuce wraps?
- Favorite food-related holiday?
- How many photos of your food do you take before actually eating it?
- What is a food that you always bring with you when you travel?
- Favorite cooking/food-related show?
- Pick only ONE type of breakfast, ONE type of lunch and ONE type of dinner meal to have every day.
- Favorite type of protein-rich food? Least favorite?
- Which sounds worse: eating cereal with water or eating cereal with orange juice?
So basically, number the questions and answer them in the comments, or comment below what you want me to answer!
UPDATE: I’m so happy that you guys love this idea! Thank you to those of you who put down some awesome answers. Below are my responses to the questions that you’ve requested!
3. Dunkaroos and French Toast Crunch! They brought French Toast Crunch back, which is totally awesome, but you can still technically get Dunkaroos in Canada. Dunkaroos were basically these delicious little sweet graham cracker cookies that came in a package with a Nutella or vanilla frosting dip that was CRAZY sweet but tasty (at least back then!). Totally nostalgic childhood food!
16. This one’s TOTALLY a cliche, but sweet potatoes! You can bake them, saute them, grill them, boil them, mash them up, blend them in a soup, put them in a curry, or use them as a topping! I’ve never ever come across a sweet potato dish that didn’t taste weird or gross at all, even in oatmeal, Greek yogurt, cereal, black beans, salads, tofu, stir-fries, and if you haven’t noticed already: peanut butter!
63. There are so many that it would take me forever to name them all. I think my absolute number one, if I rrrrrrrreally had to pick one, would be cake of ANY type! I love my one-ingredient cake for a single-serving go-to, and if I’m feeling really luxurious, this crustless chocolate cheesecake or this coconut flour coffee pudding cake!
73. HAVE YOU SEEN SUSHIRRITOS. Whoever invented that deserves a round of applause. If I ever come across a sushi burrito-making place, I will probably go on and on and on about how insanely good they were, because they probably are!
76. I’ve always loved food, but I never truly LOVED the art, taste and culture of food. Once I started really getting into healthifying everything I ate about four years ago, I realized that you can be so creative when it comes to cooking! Little did I know that I would introduce all of these awesome recipes and foods into my life as well as make my own. It’s awesome!