What’s better than a giant bowl of carrot cake oatmeal? Obviously, CHOCOLATE carrot cake oatmeal. Now I know that the thought of chocolate and carrot cake might not be the first “we go together like” combo you’d think of, but bear with me on this one. You will absolutely LOVE it. It is dark, luscious, creamy, sweet, chewy and crunchy from the chopped carrots, raisins and walnuts!
Chocolate, in my opinion, makes almost everything taste better. There’s something rich and magical about it that I just love so much that it kills me. Unlike most super indulgent foods, dark chocolate is the least to feel guilty about, even though I mainly use cacao powder instead of cocoa or chocolate powder.
Think of all the combos you could make: chocolate and peanut butter, chocolate and strawberries, chocolate and bananas, chocolate and cookies, chocolate and porridge, chocolate and pizza, chocolate and salads, chocolate and chicken…
I also decided to store this oatmeal in my empty almond butter jar overnight for school the next morning! BEST DECISION EVER.
- 1 cup plant milk or water
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 TBSP crushed walnuts
- 2 TBSP unsweetened raisins
- 2 TBSP cacao or cocoa powder
- Sweetener to taste; I used Stevia
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Thickener of choice
- Opt: coconut, zucchini, canned pumpkin, almonds, chia seeds, fruit, etc.
- Fill a boiling pot with liquid and add salt.
- Measure out 1/2 cup oats and pour into the pot and stir.
- Add in your thickener, cacao powder, sweetener and spices until even. Keep stirring consistently.
- Slowly add in the carrots, raisins, walnuts and optional add-ins.
- Once the oats begin to bubble, let it simmer on low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve immediately or leave overnight.
What do you think goes well with anything?
Leave a Reply