A mini little cake that tastes like pumpkin pie for breakfast…..with TONS of cream on top.
You can tell I’ve been on my sweet potato craze once again. To me, sweet potatoes can be enjoyed all year round, whether in a summer salad or hot in winter soup! You can also enjoy them sweet or savory, even though most people I know tend to go more towards the savory route. I still get made fun of because of my obsession with sweet potatoes and peanut butter together.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my one-ingredient cakes. However, since I’ve been eating on-the-go lately, I had to figure out a good way to make my cakes more portable. Hence, I decided to use my 98% empty cashew butter jar. Looks like a pretty not-so-photogenic choice of container. But how can you neglect an organic cashew butter jar? I mean, really…
- 1 medium or large sweet potato, preferably an orange sweet potato or yam
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3-4 TBSP canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp Stevia
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Opt: coconut, muesli, nuts, seeds, nut butter, fruit, chocolate, etc.
- Bake, boil, steam or microwave your sweet potato until soft to the touch.
- Stir the last six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Peel and mash your sweet potato well until it is completely shapeless.
- Place the Greek yogurt on top and serve.
What is the weirdest food combo that you love? Do you use empty nut butter jars to store food?