A few Slytherins came up to me this week and asked me if I was going to spend this Saturday at the Halloween parties, and truth is, I’m not, because I’m not an alcohol person, nor am I a crazy night owl, and I would prefer to bake my own sweet treats instead of shoveling the store-bought candy in my face.
Another truth: I’m not the best baker I know. Yes! I said it! I’m not bad, but these cookies were both made by my sister and are something I NEVER would’ve whizzed up in my magical baking cauldron, because I am an undercover sorcerer. On the other hand, I wouldn’t have been allowed to use my wand outside of Hogwarts anyways. Normally we wouldn’t go home back to the muggle world until summertime, but I was granted special permission to visit my clingy family. No magic for a whole week!
I was actually quite surprised to see how many muggles here are incredible bakers! Minimalist Baker is definitely one of my biggest blogging and healthy living inspirations I know. Their recipes never fail to wow my tastebuds and they will do the same for you! They are a great addition to a glass of pumpkin juice and firewhisky or as a snack with some pumpkin pasties–because it’s Halloween, right?
All credits go to Minimalist Baker for the original recipe. However, this recipe was revised to our preferences.
- 1 1/4 cups of finely ground almonds or almond meal
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup 72%+ dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup packed coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 1-2 TBSP coconut milk
- Opt: almonds, shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave, oven or stovetop.
- Mix all wet ingredients carefully in the bowl and stir until the mixture is even and smooth.
- Carefully fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a tray with parchment paper or a baking sheet and make as many or as little cookies as you want!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cookies have risen and have formed.
Link to original recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/almond-meal-cookies-with-chocolate-chips-and-coconut/
Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Who is one of your most inspirational muggle bloggers?