How’s everybody doing? Fall is finally here!
I have a love-hate relationship with autumn, actually. I love the smell of spices, warming oatmeal, pumpkin pie, Thanksgiving feast, Uggs, Halloween movies and cuddling up in bed with green tea on cold mornings. What I don’t like are the harsh winds and fickleness of pumpkin. Where did it go???
FUN FACT: if you translate my middle name Thuvan in English, it becomes Autumn! Hence why I call myself Cassie Autumn on social media!
You know what stinks about making chocolate smoothies or nana ice cream–well, for me at least? Every time, the result looks barely brown. I look at others’ cacao smoothies looking perfectly brown–how do they do it?
Filters Lots of chocolate?
But have no fear, everyone. This chocolate smoothie is OUT OF THIS WORLD chocolatey. It’s like drinking chocolate banana milk all over! Sounds good to me!
- 1-2 cups overripe frozen banana slices (Keto substitute: 1 overripe avocado)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop vegan or egg-white chocolate protein powder (if regular or vanilla, add more cacao)
- 2 TBSP strong cacao powder
- 1/2-1 cup plant milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Sweetener to taste
- Opt: (pea)nut butter, PB2, raspberries, strawberries, coconut, chia seeds, etc.
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a strong blender or food processor. Add more liquid or ice if needed.
What are your favorite things about fall?