Sounds weird to you, but sounds awesome to me!
I don’t know about you, but 90% of the time, I crave sweet foods for breakfast and then salty around the evening. For some odd reason one morning, I seriously wanted something non-sugary that wasn’t an omelet. I didn’t have any meat to make a protein bowl nor did I want to make savory oatmeal. When I opened the fridge, I saw a huge glob of ThinSlim low net carb pasta I made in bulk and got the perfect idea: Italian-style pasta!
This is a meal I featured on my ThinSlim sample pack review with the other products such as the low carb bread, bagels, muffin, brownie, lemon square and cookies! I would have to say that this was one of my favorites of the products I tried because I could be completely creative and do the “impastable” (get it? LOL!) with them! You don’t even have to make it like regular marinara spaghetti! You can use peanut sauce, avocado pesto, mango curry, or even lemon alfredo!
Oh and if you use an egg, don’t forget to break the yolk. But mine was a bit of a fail.
Yup. Ya learn from your mistakes.
- 2 oz (or more ;)) ThinSlim “Impastable” fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 TBSP goat cheese; you can use any cheese you desire
- 1 whole egg
- 2/3 cup desired sauce; I used marinara
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add a scant amount of salt.
- Pour in pasta noodles and stir frequently to cook all the noodles.
- Let simmer on low-medium heat for 10-12 minutes while cooking the egg.
- Cook the egg as desired, whether poaching, boiling, frying, etc.
- Strain the cooked noodles and pat them dry.
- Mix the noodles in the marinara sauce.
- Top the pasta with sundried tomatoes, spinach and cooked egg.
- Sprinkle goat cheese and pepper and serve.
Would you ever eat pasta for breakfast? Do you like sweet or savory morning meals?