This bowl is overflowing……..and it’s high in protein!
Have you ever enjoyed a measly little $12 smoothie bowl in those fancy juice bars and felt hungry an hour afterwards? Let me tell ya, it’s the worst feeling in the world. Not only do you feel ripped off but your hangry as eff. I have learned the hard way several times and I promised myself to never let that happen to me again. That’s why 99% of the time, I make my own smoothies at home. With the exception of going to Sunlife in a blue moon 🙂
Generally, I would make an acai bowl, but the morning I made this I was reeeeeeally craving pumpkin. So I did what any other person would do and whip out my pumpkin, bananas, tofu, cinnamon and coconut milk to make a delicious smoothie–and it worked! The tofu is pretty bland, but I suggest for newbies to taste test before serving. If you taste too much tofu then add more sweetener or more pumpkin and banana.
I topped the smoothie with the usual Qi’a chia cereal from Nature’s Path, cinnamon, shredded coconut, KIND granola, cherries and nectarines. You can also try melted peanut butter, chocolate sauce or even more bananas.
- 2 heaping TBSP canned pumpkin (or more!)
- 1 overripe and frozen banana
- 1 cup silken tofu; use less if you want less taste
- 1 tsp maple extract or vanilla extract; can also sub for maple syrup or vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk, coconut milk or cashew milk
- Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to taste
- Opt: ice, coconut, apricots, chocolate, Greek yogurt, protein powder, etc.
- Blend all ingredients until think and creamy. You can add more liquid for a thinner smoothie or less for a thicker one.
Do you ever feel ripped off after buying something you highly anticipated?