You know me and my Elli Quark obsession, amIright! Well, I got a complete 12-flavor box allllllllll for me to enjoy and review for my social media so that you would know to get some for yourself too–because seriously, Elli Quark is worship-at-their-feet amazing. This package had one of each flavor: blueberry, mint chocolate, red velvet, plain, pineapple, sea salt caramel, bananas foster, strawberry, lemon, peach, vanilla and cherry! Don’t those all sound delish?!
Since the individual reviews are going to be SOOOOOOO long–in fact, it’s not entirely reviews because I made YouTube videos and recipes for a few of them that you should definitely try out because they’re amazeballs!–I will give you the lowdown on Elli Quark in a very brief summary:
Elli Quark is a German-style NOT yogurt, NOT cream, but CHEESE with a texture very similar to your good ol’ Greek yogurt. What makes it different is that Elli Quark doesn’t have that sour tart taste that a lot of people hate, and takes on the flavor of whatever’s on the label! It is the best alternative to fruit-on-the-bottom or any kind of flavored or sweetened yogurt because it is gluten free, soy free, nut free, GMO-free, much higher in protein, lower in carbs and sugar, low in fat, and also completely void of artificial sweeteners–it just uses Stevia and Erythritol! So put down that light Yoplait and get this!!
How is Elli Quark freaking amazing? They come in a fabulous variety of flavors and all taste JUST as they’re expected to with a swoonworthy macro profile. How can Elli Quark improve? Well, this might just be my overriding pickyness to everything, but even though their dairy is from rBST-free and hormone free milk, the cows of that dairy are not completely grass-fed. I do understand, though, since grass-fed dairy is pretty expensive. That doesn’t go to say that it affects the taste of the quark!
So I hope that the brief feedback of Elli Quark as a whole helps you decide whether or not you want to get this yogurt, but other than that let’s get the ball rollin’ with each individual flavor!
Blueberry: This was probably my third time devouring this flavor, and I made a YouTube video making a coconut, granola and chocolate protein parfait! It’s a great snack, breakfast or dessert to have whenever you want. Feel free to use fruit, other goodies or even another Elli Quark flavor!
- 1 container blueberry Elli Quark
- Some 2-ingredient chocolate protein fluff
- Shredded coconut
- Opt: fruit, peanut butter, cinnamon, etc.
- Take a tall parfait glass.
- Mix coconut water and chocolate protein powder together until smooth and thick.
- Spoon in a small layer of protein fluff at the bottom of the glass.
- Sprinkle granola, coconut and other toppings on top until the surface is mostly or completely covered.
- Stir the Elli Quark evenly and add on top. Sprinkle more of the toppings.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until you’ve reached the top of the glass and enjoy!
Mint Chocolate: Just as I thought, the mint chocolate Elli Quark tastes just like it sounds! Its consistency is creamy, cold and very refreshing. If you don’t like the taste of mint though, you’re probably not going to like this flavor. The mintyness is quite strong and overpowers the chocolate a bit. It made the perfect topping for my ultimate beltsanderbrownie recipe below. YUM.
MINT CHOCOLATE BELTSANDERBROWNIE
- 1 TBSP mint chocolate Elli Quark
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1-2 scoops chocolate protein powder; I used Champion Naturals vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1-2 TBSP cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Stevia or any other sweetener to taste
- Assorted toppings
- Mix all ingredients except toppings in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Microwave your mixture for 30 seconds or even one minute.
- Plop on your toppings and enjoy!
Red Velvet: Never fails to disappoint me! You can see a fully detailed review here, but in short it’s just like chocolate Greek yogurt!
Check it out in my Pumpkin Spice French Toast Waffles recipe as well:
And do enjoy it with peanut butter. It is so delectable, so delicious, and will pit a smile on your face immediately after you take a bite!
Plain: This flavor tastes like standard yogurt. It’s a little thicker than regular yogurt but not as much as Greek yogurt. Not bad at all, but I wouldn’t purchase it on its own. I used it to stuff a sweet potato bomb and top some coconut overnight oats!
Pineapple: Tasty, creamy, refreshing and just like sweet pineapples! I used it as a dip with Greek yogurt, grapes, banana and apples! I’ve never vouched for putting it in fruit smoothies but I’m sure it would taste great!
Sea Salt Caramel: I actually tried this flavor before and was so happy to enjoy it again, but this time in a full blown recipe! It was decadent, creamy, not too sweet and a little salty from the sea salt.
I even made a YouTube video for TVP noatmeal with it! Super tasty and super filling 😛
SEA SALT CARAMEL TVP “NOATMEAL”
- 1/2 cup TVP, uncooked
- 1 full ripe or overripe banana
- 1 container sea salt caramel Elli Quark
- A little more than 1/2 liquid of choice; I used water but it would taste better with plant milk
- Sweetener of choice; I used Stevia
- Optional add-ins: nut butter, cacao, maca, etc.
- Toppings such as peanut butter, chocolate, nuts, seeds, fruit, etc.
- Let the TVP soak in your liquid overnight or at least a few hours.
- Microwave your TVP for 1 minute. Add sweetener and optional ingredients such as cacao powder, peanut butter, etc. You can also mix your Elli Quark if you want to.
- (not on camera but do this step!!) Mash half your banana or all of it and stir into the TVP.
- Top with your sea salt caramel Elli Quark completely.
- Add on toppings and serve.
Bananas Foster: Loved this flavor–AS USUAL 🙂 subtly sweet with a definite banana flavor! It’s great to eat by itself, but I love adding in some peanut butter and cacao powder which I did in the recipe below!
I was going to put this on YouTube for public view, but I lost some footage along the way and didn’t get to polish it as much as I wanted. 😦 If you still want to see how I did it in visually, you can down below, but otherwise, just follow my typed recipe!
CHOCOLATE BANANA CREAM GOODNESS
- 1 container Bananas Foster Elli Quark
- 1.5-2 TBSP cacao powder
- Dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs; I actually did not have those at my cousin’s house so I used part of a thinkthin nutrition bar
- Opt: sweetener, nut butter, fruit, etc.
- Assemble all of your ingredients. If using a bar, break it apart into several pieces. I decided to roll mine into little caramel chocolate balls, but you can do whatever you want!
- Mix Elli Quark with cacao powder until even. Carefully fold in the caramel chocolate pieces or chocolate chips and serve.
Strawberry: Again, Elli Quark hit the high note when trying to replicate strawberry quark! I’ve had this many times before and couldn’t get enough 🙂 it tastes amazing with cacao powder and granola! Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of mine but rest assured it was lovely!
Lemon: This tastes JUST like lemon–spot on! I personally think that since this sourness is so strong you should be careful with what to combine it with. Having it with granola and fruit or baking it in a healthy lemon cake is a good idea, but combining it with chocolate or putting it in a berry smoothie are not! Overall, I enjoyed it because it was just like what you’d expect a lemon to taste like. If you’re not into super sour stuff, add some sweetener to dilute it.
Peach: This tasted fruity and sweet, just like peaches! I don’t know about you but I absolutely love fruit-flavored dessert. I had this after a salad made of kale, butternut squash, vegan beef and Sriracha! Yummy yum yum! The Elli Quark cured the sweet tooth and hit the spot as well.
Vanilla: The most subtle out of all the flavors; I did like this one, but it is a bit plain so I recommend adding fruit, almond butter, or having it on top of pancakes, oatmeal, etc. I had it by itself, which probably explains a lot. Still, it’s a good flavor that isn’t too sweet or too tasteless.
Cherry: I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of it, but this cherry quark was AWESOME. Juicy, flavorful and rich just like cherries!
Hope you enjoyed this LOOOOOOOOOOONG awaited review, get yourself some Elli Quark and lemme know which products I should try next!