So I go through these sweet potato-obsessed phases. First, there was the chocolate sweet potato mousse. Second was the one-ingredient cake. Then there came the sweet potato nachos. And drumroll please…I present to you the sweet tater bombs! H-E-double hockey stick YEAH. It’s also a great way to not waste your fail protein pancakes. (I tried making vegan protein pancakes one time…..did not go well!)
If you use Japanese yams, they taste like bread, and if you use purple potatoes, then it’s said that it tastes like a legit dark chocolate brownie. But then again, some people are just insane.
- 1 sweet potato
- Any sh*t in your kitchen, since sweet potatoes basically go with anything in the world (my sweet favorites are seasonal fruit, coconut, peanut butter, chocolate, spices, nuts, seeds, Greek yogurt, Elli Quark, instant protein fluff and for savory I enjoy eggs, tofu, meats, avocado, beans, seasonal vegetables, curry sauces, and SRIRACHA!)
- Cook your sweet potato any way you wish until very soft. I usually microwave them for 10 minutes (5 on each side), bake them for 45-60 minutes, or boil them until fork-tender, probably 20 minutes or a little less.
- While waiting, assemble your desired toppings.
- When your sweet potato is completely cooked and super soft, set it on a plate and saw it in the middle to open it up and let the steam flooooow.
- Stuff it with all of your toppings and dig in while it’s hot!
Link to other sweet potato recipes: