Ever since getting Orgain plant-based vegan chocolate protein powder and a free Champion Naturals vegan chocolate protein powder container from the Santa Monica Wellness Event, I’ve been hooked on..not protein pancakes, nor protein waffles, nor protein mugcakes, nor protein shakes, but protein fluff!
Once I tried going plant-based for a week this literally became my new Greek yogurt replacement. Mmmmmm, it’s chocolatey, smooth, rich, flavorful, and creamy depending on what liquid you use. It even works with water, but I personally think it tastes the best with chocolate coconut water. Thank you, Z!CO!
So yep, even now that I started eating omnivorous again, I still put this on ERRYTHANG. It’s also better to have this thick separately besides acai nice cream or nana ice cream instead of blending it in because it’s less chalky and you can actually taste the chocolate goodness even more. It’s also amazing as a glaze to drizzle on pancakes and waffles, or even mix with some almond butter and other goods like fruit and chia seeds to make the perfect dessert. Using a brown rice protein powder, which is what I like to use because of its thickening properties, is perfect for vegans or anyone who can’t have whey or casein. I’m not 100% sure if those work, but I’ve seen that Quest protein powder works very well the same way.
- 1-2 scoops protein powder of choice; I love Orgain plant-based and Champion Naturals vegan chocolate protein powder
- Liquid of choice: water, desired milk, or my favorite–coconut water! Quantities depend on how thick or thin you want the frosting to be
- Scoop your protein powder in a medium-large sized bowl (never too small because when you mix the powder will fly all over the place!).
- Add in your liquid in “splash” intervals, stirring carefully throughout until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve any way you like, whether it be with sweet potatoes, nice cream, with oatmeal, on pancakes or with a spoon!
The protein powder you use definitely doesn’t have to be chocolate flavored. It can be vanilla, cinnamon bun, strawberry, birthday cake or anything else. Just don’t use unflavored unless you want to eat chalk goo ‘kay? ❤