Don’t tell my parents, but I had coffee! I snuck it with chocolate protein powder for a good post-workout breakfast. Chocolate + coffee = Brangelina. I actually made this recipe last year but totally forgot about it until I scrolled down my Instagram feed and saw a giant, beautiful bowl with strawberries, chia seeds and peanut butter. I had to create it again!
Throwback to my old coffee smoothie:
Reminiscent of my favorite toasted coconut almonds, allspice and chia seeds. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
- 1 cup strong coffee, chilled; I usually use Superfoods Coffee Co. in Coco Maca
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder or 2 TBSP cocoa/cacao powder with 1 scoop vanilla/unflavored protein powder (New used Quest, old used Perfect Fit)
- Sweetener to taste (I use Stevia)
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond/cashew milk, but omit if you like the taste of strong coffee
- 1 overripe frozen banana (is optional, but adds extra sweetness, creaminess and potassium!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Opt: crushed ice, cinnamon, nut butter, other spices, etc.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Top with superfoods and enjoy!
What are your favorite sources of caffeine? I’m a total green tea fanatic, but the sugar-free rose tea I had at MJ Cafe Express is incredible too!
Leave a Reply