It literally took me more than three months to come up with a good recipe using Quest protein powder and Elli Quark. There were so many delicious ideas I found online it was overwhelming! I mean, who can make a BACON DOG out of protein powder??
I absolutely LOVED this cake for many reasons: you CAN eat it unbaked because it’s egg free, and it’s oil free! Not that these things are bad, but sometimes you don’t have it in the house! And for vegans, you can use chocolate plant protein and plant yogurt!
While this does not make a large cake, it’s clean, filling and packed with 50 grams of protein. Calorie-wise you could eat the entire serving for breakfast or after a tough workout. I split the servings in two and selfishly gobbled one up in the morning as part of my breakfast and the last at night for dessert. For optimal freshness, store leftovers in the fridge or freezer and reheat when ready to devour!
- 1 container of any Elli Quark; mint chocolate or red velvet taste the best IMO
- 1 scoop Quest Nutrition chocolate protein powder, or regular protein powder with 2 heaping TBSP cacao/carob/cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour; can sub for grain-free flour or more protein powder
- 1/2 cup Silk cashew milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp maple extract or vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Stevia
- 1 tsp cayenne powder (1/2 for less and 2 full tsps for more)
- Opt: toppings such as nut butter, healthy frosting, fruit, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a medium-large bowl.
- Carefully add in wet ingredients and stir well until the mixture is completely brown and deliciously chocolatey. If your mixture is too thick, add a few splashes of water or milk.
- Grease a small cake tin and pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Painfully letting it cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Hope you enjoyed this fun recipe perfect for a sweet treat! Let me know if you would like the full nutrition info for this cake, and if I should post nutritional info for recipes from now on!