I finally finished my AP exams and it’s time to hunker down for finals. Sigh, junior year is nearing it’s end. *in the most sarcastic tone possible* I am SO gonna miss you. (Ha! See ya suckaaaaa!) But in all seriousness I am way too excited for summer to function. Therefore, I need to start the days with some brain food. And you can never go wrong with banana and chocolate. Ohhhhhh yeah.
You know how many replications I have to make of my ex-bae. I’m starting to fall in love with the new and improved versions of him, actually! This recipe is literally a giant bowl of mega-chocolate chunk n’ chip cookie batter–and it’s HEALTHY! I topped this sexy mama with more dark chocolate, fig jam from the farmers’ market, So Delicious coconut milk yogurt, and sunflower seed butter which I tried for the first time! Um, sun buttah betta watch ouuuuuuut. Imma get dangerous around you. 😉
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup Silk cashew milk; any other milk works fine
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 TBSP carob chips
- 1 TBSP +72% dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tsp Stevia or any other sweetener
- 1/2 tsp maple extract (or vanilla)
- Thickener of choice; I used egg whites (You can find tons of more vegan/keto/etc. ideas here in this link!)
- Toppings (opt.): nut butter, yogurt, coconut, chocolate, cinnamon, chia seeds, etc.
- Heat a pot on low heat. Pour in 1 cup of liquid.
- Blend the oats into a fine flour. You can skip this step but I like eating it this way because it tastes more like cookie dough!
- Pour the oats in the pot and stir consistently.
- Cover and simmer the oatmeal until the liquid bubbles.
- Once the oatmeal rises, add in your thickener and stir constantly.
- Mix the sweetener and maple extract well.
- Stir in the carob chips and chocolate chunks until melted.
- Turn the heat off and fold in your banana slices.
- Serve with anything you like and enjoy!
If you’re not allergic to nuts, you can definitely add walnuts to make chunky monkey oatmeal. Now THAT would be BOMB. Please don’t forget to check out my other oatmeal recipes, give this video a likey and gimme a subscribey!
P.S. The lighting in my house when I filmed this was ATROCIOUS. Sorry in advance and I guarantee that it tastes much better than it looks on camera!
Leave a Reply