I’m now obsessed with frosting.
Before, I’d always scrape it off my cupcakes and cake slices while tempted to vomit at the sight of other kids just licking and slurping the frosting off of theirs. No thanks! But I found that Greek yogurt is the perfect substitute for frosting because it’s creamy, rich, can take on any flavor desired and also filling.
This edition is specially dedicated to America’s favorite cookie, the Oreo! I have yet to find a good healthy Oreo recipe, but you can add in some healthy chocolate cookie crumbs for extra crunchiness.
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt***
- As many carob chips, cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips as you want!
- 1 TBSP chia powder
- If not vanilla, add sweetener and vanilla extract or powder to taste
***Subs for Greek yogurt: vegan yogurt, Siggi’s, Elli Quark, vegan whipped cream or blended silken tofu!
- Crush carob chips into miniscule pieces.
- Mix with Greek yogurt, chia powder and optional sweetener well. Serve on top of pastries, as a dip or a healthy snack.
Would you ever want to eat frosting in a bowl? Well now you can!