Something I’ve wanted to do for a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long time ever since I started superfitbabe was a Q&A. I’m not close to being a social butterfly but I’m out and open when I feel like it, even when it’s not necessary! 😀 It seems as if I have to be one of the more popular bloggers for a Q&A, but honestly, none of my videos–besides my favorites–are that personal, and they should be.
I want to do this not to show off, but I’m genuinely interested in connecting with you without taking a bunch of plane trips. I want to be like a friend, and how can I do that when I just cook or sit in front of a camera and take food out of a grocery bag? You have no idea how thrilled I was to receive my first e-mail complimenting me on my blog and requesting the Healthy After School Snacks video. Thank you again, Kendal! ❤
I’ll be accepting questions of any kind until June 6th all over ma social media: Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, private messaging on YouTube, email and on my blog! I will answer all questions, list the full names or usernames I see of the person unless if told otherwise for the sake of privacy and share more fun facts about myself! You can ask about tips on staying healthy, the best foods to eat, starting a blog, my personal weight loss story and diet, or even random subjects like OTP, my measurements or what you’d usually find around my sink! XD Yeah, I’m weird like that. Anyways, that is all for the Q&A and I am so excited to see what surprises are in store! Besides, you were all probably more interested in my healthy frappuccino recipe! 😛
With the goodies I got from Whole Foods, I made the perfect St. Patty’s Day/pre-April Fool’s trick. I thought of taking it to school so people could ask me what flavor it was. Once I would tell them Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with kale, I’d take a picture of their faces. O.O
The crushed ice and delectable juices are literally identical to what a real frappe has. Flavor possibilities are countless but here to recall Christmas and St. Patrick’s Day I made a green minty one with a hint of coconut and chocolate. So few ingredients. Takes less than a minute. No carregeenan, caramel color or corn syrup necessary. You can actually pronounce the ingredients.
And note, this recipe was made last year and I thought St. Patty’s Day was the most appropriate to share. It’s not that I kept these in my cupboard for over five months. Eeeewww.
- 1 scoop protein powder (can be any flavor, but even unflavored tastes good!)
- 1 cup spinach; you can also use kale or collard greens but spinach is the least bitter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (mine was chocolate but unsweetened or vanilla work as well)
- 1/2 cup chilled coffee that can be in liquid or in ice-cube form. I used Superfoods Company Coco Maca coffee [not pictured–sorry!] (if you use liquid form, add in a bit more than 1 cup of ice cubes)
- Sweetener to taste
- Opt: a drop of vanilla/peppermint extract, chocolate chips, cacao powder, peanut butter, coconut flakes, almond butter, etc. and toppings such as vegan whipped cream or even Greek yogurt or Elli Quark!
- Blend all ingredients with ice at the top of the cup so it’s closest to the blades in a strong blender/food processor (I used a Magic bullet) until the mixture looks very thick and frothy.
- Serve in a very tall glass and enjoy! You can also top on some whipped cream!
You’ll never have to go to Starbucks again. Bubbly, frothy, filling and as tasty as any those of a coffee place! This is also great to take with you on-the-go to school or to work for a filling breakfast and post-workout recovery. Bonus points if it’s a Starbucks container. BOOYAH.
Other St. Patrick’s Day recipes: