I’ve been having this breakfast for a really long time and it never gets old. Come to think of it, I rarely share these on my social media! I never planned on sharing the recipe because it was way too easy, but after a ton of requests I made a tutorial! The fruits are wonderful sources of natural carbs and sugars while the yogurt base is the protein and probiotic punch! Of course, superfoods are extra vitamins, minerals and healthy fats! You can make a smaller serving for a wonderful snack or make one even BIGGER 😀
This is only one combo I do, so if you find that it may lack fat, sugar, protein, etc., then adjust the measurements to your liking. For vegans, use dairy-free yogurt or omit it all together. Ketos and low-carbers should use nut butter and avocado with low-sugar fruits. Many of my other favorites include almond butter, coffee, goji berries and of course, CHOCOLATE!
- 1 cup frozen fruit of choice (video used fruit below):
- 1/2 cup or a handful of frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup or a handful of frozen strawberries
- Other ideas: blueberries, kiwi, pineapple, kale, cherries, any seasonal fruit or sweet potato mousse!
- 1 cup of yogurt of choice (I used Greek yogurt)
- Desired garnishes (video used these toppings):
- Mulberries (I used Navitas Naturals)
- 1 strawberry
- Other ideas: chia seeds, peanut butter, coconut, oats, almonds, chocolate, healthy bars, cinnamon, etc.
- Opt: ice, coffee, almond milk, chia seeds, protein powder, avocado, nut butter, etc.
- Blend all frozen fruit until thick and creamy like an ice cream consistency.
- Add one cup of your yogurt in a bowl and spread the frozen fruit ice cream on top.
- Garnish with toppings and enjoy!
- Coffee Banana Ice Cream (featured on the Superfood Coffee Co. recipe page!) over chocolate coconut yogurt, topped with blackberries and blueberries
- Buttermilk Pancake Nana Ice Cream over Bananas Foster Elli Quark, topped with raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and cinnamon
- Vegan Acai Nice Cream over Fage 0% Greek yogurt, topped with strawberries, chia powder, raspberries and mulberries
- Vegan Strawberry Sorbet over Strawberry Elli Quark, topped with raspberries, blackberries, carob chips and a KIND Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt bar
- Justin’s Honey Peanut Butter Nana Ice Cream over Greek yogurt, topped with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and a Godiva 85% dark chocolate square
- Antioxidant Berry Blend Sorbet over a packet of coconut Siggi’s, topped with strawberries, a KIND Madagascar Vanilla Almond bar and raspberries (closer towards the bottom :P)
Possibilities, of course, are endless and completely liberal to your liking. For best results, make sure your sorbet/”nice cream” base is VERY thick and creamy! If you would like the recipe to some other combos above, give this post a likey and comment the picture below!