Don’t be intimidated by the title! You will be surprised as to how well these flavor combos taste together. I’m not sure if you can tell but I attempted to make purple pancakes. Yeah, it didn’t go too well. However, food coloring is nonexistent in my house and I don’t like using food coloring anyways. Who wants to eat a synthetic dye?
Because they looked more like brown nickels I referred to them as Oreo pancakes. Not until I sandwiched two baby cakes with some vanilla Elli Quark did they officially become the healthified versions of America’s favorite cookie! You can also sub the Elli Quark for Greek or coconut yogurt.
Tastes like chocolate. Full of super-vitamins. Completely guilt-free.
- 1/4 of a Sambazon acai smoothie pack or 1-2 TBSP acai powder
- 1 TBSP cacao nibs, carob chips or +70% dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Sweetener to taste
- Vanilla Elli Quark, Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt for the filling
- Opt: purple food coloring, toppings such as cinnamon, fruit, nut butter, seeds, maple syrup, nuts, etc.
- Blend egg whites, chocolate and acai in a Magic Bullet.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and pour the wet mixture (not the filling!) in the same bowl and stir well. The consistency will be very thin, but this is actually pretty easy to cook. Add more coconut flour for a thicker texture.
- Heat a nonstick pan and cook into mini pancakes.
- Spread a tablespoon of vanilla yogurt between each pancake and serve.
Other cakes of the rainbow: