Dim the lights. Pour some wine. Heat a candle or two. Play some Marvin Gaye. But if you skip the previous four steps and just make these for your significant other, that’s fine as well 🙂
After an exhaustive week I tried to make the largest stack of baby pancakes the world has ever seen. I think I did it, but it didn’t last long! I also debated for a long time between the two flavors strawberry and red velvet, so I combined them both. Whether you want your pancakes to taste more like strawberry shortcake or red velvet is up to you. They’re super tasty and easy to cook both ways.
Do NOT be worried about the secret ingredient! You’ll barely taste it and it’s just for color! See below to find out what I’m talking about 😉 I’m lookin’ at you, veggie haters!
- 1/2 cup egg whites or 2-3 TBSP chia/flax powder with 1/2 cup water to bind
- 1/3 cup strawberries (sliced or whole)
- 1/4 cup red spinach
- 1 TBSP strawberry OR red velvet Elli Quark (vegans can use a mild dairy free yogurt, or even a mashed banana, applesauce, whatever works best)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or pinch of vanilla bean
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 TBSP cacao powder (omit for a red-velvet free flavor)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Sweetener to taste
- Opt: fillings/toppings such as almond butter, chocolate chips, berries, sprinkles, Greek yogurt, etc.
- Blend strawberries, egg whites, red spinach and Elli Quark until very smooth.
- Combine this mixture with dry ingredients and stir well.
- Heat a nonstick pan and flip as many pancakes as you want!
- Plate your hotcakes and enjoy with any toppings you desire!
Please ignore the unwanted topple of my massive pancake stack in the background! I meant to eat it right before they slipped, but oh well. What can you do.
Want another nice V-Day recipe idea? Try my delicious vegan sweet potato mousse that I just uploaded a video tutorial of TODAY!
Links to my other rainbow single-serving pancake recipes:
I would ask you to be my valentine, but that would mean sharing these pancakes. I don’t think that’s an optimal thing for me to do. ❤
Alsooooooooooo I am so excited to say that I have written an original article for FOOD WEBS, an online health and fitness center of resources with great meal/detox plans, recipes, stories and other articles to help you become the healthiest version of yourself! My article deals with food addiction, a horrible phase many people endure, and how I escaped them. Bonus: it comes with a guilt-free vegan cookie dough recipe that takes less than a minute to make! You can click on the link here. Please check it out, it would mean a lot to me!
Love you too,