Have you ever seen a food so cute that you wanted to gobble it up right away? Or was it so precious that you couldn’t eat it at all? Well, Trader Joe’s was awesome enough to give me one to peel! OMG it’s adorable!
Ahh! I’m naked!
This inspired me to make some delectable sweet potato pie pancakes that tasted just like pumpkin pie deliciousness. My baby potato was perfect. It was so small that it didn’t even fill my 1/4 measuring cup!
- 1/4 cup cooked and peeled sweet potato (can be subbed for 1/4 cup canned pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/3 cup liquid of choice
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or a pinch of vanilla bean
- Sweetener to taste
- Rinse your sweet potato well and pat dry. I like to poke a small hole to prevent explosion.
- Microwave your potato for 3-8 minutes depending on how large or small it is.
- Peel as much of the skin off as you can and measure out 1/4 cup. Blend with egg whites, spices and other wet ingredients until very thick and smooth.
- Mix the liquid ingredients with coconut flour and stir well. Add more liquid if thinner pancakes are desired.
- Heat a nonstick pan and flip as many pancakes as desired.
- Top with anything and serve. I used cinnamon and a dollop of sea salt caramel Elli Quark.
This is literally a stack of pie filling. I know it’s not fall, but why not have a Thanksgiving dessert for breakfast whenever?
Don’t forget to look at my other rainbow pancake recipes below. There are two more to come: red and violet!
What is your favorite way to eat a sweet potato? Sweet or savory, fried or baked? Check out my other sweet potato recipes here including my favorite chocolate sweet potato mousse I filmed a video for coming soon!