This bowl is crazy, and I mean crazy good. By far one of my favorite oatmeal recipes I’ve made all year. It’s not chemically sweet nor unhealthy like those store-bought pies in grocery stores that are jammed with processed sugars and weird ingredients that the bakers can’t even pronounce! Nope! The “No Label” Challenge forbid all man-made ingredients, so rest assured that with this recipe all you will use and eat are whole, unprocessed ingredients. That is, if you use a natural sweetener. You can definitely omit the nuts for a low fat and allergen-friendly recipe, but I recommend them because they add this delicious crunch like a pie crust!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond/coconut/organic soy milk
- 1/2 cup water (for creamier oats up to 1 cup milk based on selections above)
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 2 TBSP almonds
- 2 TBSP pecans
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Sweetener of choice, like raw honey or Stevia for a sugar-free recipe
- Chop 1/2 an apple.
- Turn a stovetop to medium heat.
- Add the rolled oats and combine with water and milk.
- Add in the apple first and stir to soften.
- Take ingredients 5-11 (unless if using raw honey) and stir to evenly distribute the add-ins.
- When bubbles start to form turn the stove back to low heat and let simmer until bubbles form again.
- Put the oats in a bowl and serve.
- OPT: Saran-wrap or use a paper towel to cover the oatmeal and let chill in the fridge for at least a few hours. When ready, unwrap it and stir in the raw sweetener.
Wanna see my other oatmeal recipes? Check them out down below:
Leave a Reply