I cannot be more honored to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Awards! Special thank you from the bottom of my heart to Rachel of Moments with Rae for nominating me and introducing a wonderful community of bloggers just like me! Below I’ve completed the questions and nominated some awesome people that can help spread the word! ❤
1. When and why did you start your blog?
Superfitbabe was born last year in August, forgotten in September and completely re-vamped during the following month! I was originally more devoted to Instagram but thought that the quick captions and emojis didn’t convey enough about the stories behind the pictures. I wanted to share my ideas, recipes and experiences without having to type such a lengthy caption (besides, I don’t think Instagram would’ve allowed a blog-length’s worth of words anyways!).
2. If you are granted one wish (you can’t wish for more wishes :P), what would you wish for? I definitely wish for success. This is absolutely not in terms of wealth or fame but in terms of mental and spiritual contentment. No matter what I do, what happens or where I end up, I want to be happy and say, “You did a wonderful job and I’m proud of you.” This is something I tend to forget a lot–to celebrate and be grateful of myself. 3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Bali. Not only is it gorgeous, but it seems so spiritually liberal. Living in the city is a bit too stuffy. I want to experience nature to its fullest!
And the vegan restaurants. VEGAN CUISINE!!! I’d totally use this bucket list to scout for the best raw spots in the country. NOM.
4. Who are your favorite bloggers? Oh dear, I think this question calls for a separate post! 😀 I follow so many wonderful blogs that it’s so hard to handpick a few, but those who I’ve been following the longest are Blogilates, Chocolate Covered Katie, Ambitious Kitchen, Tone it Up, The Coconut Diaries, Fit Foodie Finds and Casey’s Wholesome Kitchen. All of them are run by inspirational, creative and loving people with a knack for food and wellness, which I have too 🙂
5. What is one of the most vivid memories from your childhood? Every night before my sister and I would sleep we’d crawl into our bed sheets and pretend we were in a fantasy kingdom with fictional creatures and magic spells. This was one of the most memorable ways I bonded with her and gained an imagination.
6. What makes you happy? Seeing someone smile, receiving a happy e-mail/comment/message, earning good grades, making/eating healthy and tasty food, making new friends, laughing, and especially finding the light in rough situations.
7. What are you grateful for today? A new opportunity for experience. To sit down at the dinner table with my family, learn something new at school, meet new people, cook up some new ideas, etc. 8. What career are your pursuing? I am a junior in high school and therefore don’t presently have a career. However, I would love to become a pharmacist and help save lives. 9. What is your favorite quote?
This quote saved my life. When I was completely done and had so little hope in myself, I saw this and realized the amount of time I have before me to really discover who I am.
10. Who/what inspires you? My parents, who fled from the Vietnam War with no money and no English. To witness where you call home explode into ruins and work very arduously to barely survive in a foreign country are signs of true warriors. They are my role models; I always aim to try my very hardest and persevere like they did.
11. What is a goal you have for 2015? I want to find a happy medium between ambition and gratitude. There is always room for improvement but getting too caught up in that overshadows the reasons why we love ourselves. When I constantly searched on ways to ameliorate, I became more unhappy because in the back of my head I knew someone out there was better. Once I started comparing myself to who I was in the past I gained gratitude of my life. It’s still a struggle I have today and I want this year to be the end of it.
You can find all of the steps here but from my knowledge, you answer eleven questions from your nominator, then nominate eleven other blogs with less than 200 followers, give them a set of eleven questions to answer and of course let them know they were nominated! There’s other rules but I think this is closer to the “eleven” set.
- What’s the story behind your blog and its name?
- Would you rather travel back in time or visit the future?
- You’re stuck on an island! What’s the one kitchen appliance you’d have?
- What’s your favorite macronutrient?
- What advice would you give to yourself 5-10 years ago?
- In your opinion, how would you define “beautiful”?
- What is a food/dish that you’ve always wanted to try?
- Name your three favorite things about living.
- Where do you find motivation when you need it?
- What was the most important moral you’ve learned in 2014?
- What do you hope to bring for 2015?
Like Rae, I’ve been blogging for a bit less than a year now so my affiliation with other bloggers is pretty limited. However, below are the most beautiful and inspirational people I know who also have a health/fitness-related blog! I don’t know if they have less than 200 followers, but even if they do I believe they should participate! Here are my beloved nominees:
- Stephanie from Beauty and Bananas
- Julia of Paleochocoholic
- Sahara of Eat Feel Fresh
- Mattie of Girl Gone Crunchy
- Alice of Honestly Fitness
That is all for this post and I am so grateful to be a part of this awesome community. Once again, thank you to Rae for nominating me and I hope that my nominees and you all try this out!