I don’t know if you can tell but I’m on a rainbow pancake high. Eating super colorful foods make me so happy. I don’t know about you but I’m going along with it 😀
As weird as it sounds I didn’t like blueberry pie as a kid. I can only assume it’s because I thought it was too “healthy”. I was so worried that these pancakes would turn out purple, but the vibrancy literally blasts out blue, so therefore they’re now referred to as blueberry pie blastcakes! They’re so sweet, soft and moist like blueberry muffin tops!
The toasty brown surface of each cake looks a little bit like chocolate even though it isn’t. But feel free to add some if you desire 😉
- 1/2 cup egg whites (see below for substitutions)
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Pinch of vanilla bean (see below for substitutions)
- 1 TBSP blueberry Elli Quark (see below for substitutions)
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Sweetener to taste
- Opt: chocolate, coconut, etc.
- Blend blueberries, egg whites, quark and vanilla bean finely.
- Mix dry ingredients and slow pour in the smooth mixture to combine together.
- Heat a nonstick pan and flip into the desired amount of pancakes.
Substitutions: you can also use Greek yogurt, coconut, soy, plain, vanilla or blueberry yogurt if you don’t have Elli Quark, vanilla extract if you don’t have actual Madagascar vanilla beans and for vegans you can use flax eggs instead of egg whites.
Don’t forget to check out my other flapjack creations down below!
Taste the rainbow,