I’m totally one to make pancakes of every color of the rainbow. This time it’s yellow!! I know I should probably do each color in order, but whatever, last time it was green, tomorrow will be red and Monday might be blue. Who knows, I’m just gonna let Mother Nature do her job and see what I’m craving as I go.
These pancakes are incredibly fluffy and delicious! If you want to make it super fruity tasting add less sweetener and more pineapple, or even some citrus fruit like a tangerine slice or lemon juice! BTW, I hate pancake recipes that don’t let you eat all of the batta, and therefore you can use this all up for yourself!
Plus I hate sharing.
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites or a flax egg (1/4 cup ground flax and 1/4 cup and 1 TBSP water)
- 2 TBSP coconut water
- Opt: 2 drops of yellow food coloring, squeeze of lemon juice, toppings such as maple syrup, shredded coconut, fruit, chocolate chips, peanut butter, etc.
- Blend egg whites and pineapples in a Magic Bullet or any blender until thick and smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients together and slowly stir in the wet until there are little to no chunks of flour left.
- Heat a nonstick pan on low-medium heat.
- Spoon batter and flip each pancake every minute or so.
- Top with anything and enjoy!
I have other awesome colorful pancake recipes to come such as this one. However, that’s next time:
Do you like the idea of eating the rainbow through pancakes rather than vegetables? It would be awesome, but sweet potatoes, kale and eggplant are too delicious to give up. Unless if you can actually sneak them into your desserts. Anyways, hope you enjoy the video I have above! I always look forward to cooking for YouTube and would love it if you guys do too 🙂
Have a fabulous weekend!