Sleep is a time machine to breakfast where you dream of all the delectable recipes you’re going to make. Because of the holidays I’ve been loving anything mint flavored. Since my Whole Foods grocery trip I’ve been obsessed with using coconut flour and my peppermint extract!
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 scoop protein powder or 1-2 additional TBSP of any flour
- 1 TBSP matcha powder or a green tea blend
- 1 TBSP flax or chia seeds
- 1 TBSP mashed banana
- 3 TBSP water, more or less depending on desired thickness
- 2-3 TBSP coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Pinch of baking powder
- Sweetener to taste (I use Stevia)
- 1 TBSP carob chips, which you can sub for dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Opt: cinnamon, coconut, cacao powder, honey or maple syrup for topping
- Set a nonstick pan on low heat (You may have to spray it first also!).
- Mix all dry ingredients (except for carob chips). Slowly combine with your wet ingredients. You will get a very thick batter, but if you prefer thin pancakes add more liquid.
- Scoop small tablespoon amounts on the pan. After ten seconds, put in carob chips. Flip after another ten seconds.
- Top with maple syrup, berries or more carob chips!
I like pairing my pancakes with a delicious egg white omelet. Kinda weird how a paleo and vegan recipe are paired together, but I like it! Speaking of that, I do wish that paleo and vegan people got along more. It seems as if there’s so much controversy between them. Hopefully the New Year will spread good cheer and acceptance of all beliefs. Let’s make 2015 the year all us health nuts are united again!
Happy New Year!