Cross a banana, mint, and chocolate chips. What do you get? A mint chocolate chip cookie dough smoothie! The winter may be cold and all, but that doesn’t mean you should completely forgo your old smoothie bowls so as long as you pair it with something warm. Besides, who can resist cookie dough?
I actually found that Romaine lettuce added more liquid and freshness from its high water content! Feel free to sub for spinach, kale or any other green veggie you find better. And the smoothie still retained a golden brown color like a cookie! That is legit 🙂
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1/3 cup chocolate coconut milk
- 1 finely chopped mint leaf
- 1/2 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 TBSP carob/dark chocolate/cacao chips (to top or to blend, either one depends on your preference–I topped mine to keep the chunkiness of the chips)
- 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract
- Stevia, honey or any other sweetener
- Opt: ice cubes, almond butter, cinnamon, carob chips, cacao powder, chocolate, etc.
- Blend all ingredients except for your toppings.
- Serve in a bowl or a tall glass.
**I am in Maui right now and had this post scheduled ahead of time. So don’t be confused like I said in my Yonanas post! Anyways, hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas, shared many blessings and ate delicious food. Happy Holidays!