Grocery shopping is hard. Go to Whole Foods to find the living proof that the previous statement is true. I spent so much time there yesterday that by the time I left it seemed as if I’ve gone to that Whole Foods all my life. I also had the haul to film and edit as well as the last blog post to upload! It’s why I was much less perky in this video than my October Favorites one. The time of day really does make a difference! Life is stressful, but that’s what makes free time amazing!
After my zugetti dinner I celebrated the upload of my YouTube video with pancakes and found the perfect opportunity to try the coconut flour! As a result, this is by far my absolute favorite pancake recipe I’ve made thus far. Want one reason why? I’ll give you ten!
- High in fiber
- Low calorie
- Oil free
- Gluten free
- High in protein
- Low sugar
- Quick to make
- …They’re delicious! (But really, the last one should be convincing enough 😉 )
I was so so shocked by my success with the coconut flour! The batter was the perfect balance of fluffiness and thickness for my liking. For four pancakes smaller than my palm I was immediately satisfied. And there’s no raw egg! Enjoy them for breakfast, post-workout or dessert!
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 TBSP flaxseed
- pinch of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBSP mashed banana or applesauce
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Sweetener to taste (I use Stevia)
- Opt: cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, chocolate chips, blueberries, or other toppings
- Mix all your wet ingredients together. Carefully add in the dry and mix well. You can also mix both of them separately and combine them later.
- Heat a nonstick pan on low-medium heat (it depends on your pan as to whether or not you need to spray it). When the pan is hot, take a tablespoon amount of batter and wait twenty seconds to flip each side.
- Serve when you are out of batter and top with anything.
Do you also enjoy having breakfast for dinner? I myself don’t mind starting the day with salad and ending it with an omelet and pancakes too 😉