A mix of sweet and saltiness. Spiciness if you add cayenne or chili paste. This soup is vegan, warming and perfect for the cold weather! If I had to write a love letter to soup, it would be to this one and to my kale lentil soup. This soup is so amazing that I’d have it in the summer. SERIOUSLY. It’s addictive.
- 2 cups of peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 2 cups of peeled and chopped pumpkin (I’m not sure if canned pumpkin is a good substitute, but probably not)
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Water for a thinner soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 chopped basil
- Opt: chopped onion, lemon juice, olive oil
- Heat a large pan or a pot on high-medium heat. Add in water and vegetable broth.
- Pour in pumpkin, butternut squash and other vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the vegetables become soft to the touch, turn off the heat and let cool.
- Add whatever’s in the pot into a food processor and blend until there are little to no clumps.
- Put in a giant serving bowl.
So to this pumpkin soup: Your sweetness pretty much beat the living heck out of any pumpkin dish I’ve ever had in my life. You make me so happy. May I just dip my spoon into—Hey, where’d you go? Huh, weird.
Cheers to a great Thanksgiving,