Mashed sweet potatoes get a twist. A fresh, coconut-y and almost tropical-like kick that’s pungent with sweetness. This baby is a sweet version of my favorite potato dish, while for savory I love it with eggs, Sriracha and roasted broccoli. Oh yum…….it’s the end of the feast and I’m getting midnight cravings already! And if you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in your country, make it anyway because it tastes awesome 😉
- 8 cups chopped sweet potato, or 6 large sweet potatoes
- 3-4 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (use full fat for an even creamier result)
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Opt: maple syrup, pineapple, almonds, shredded coconut, etc.
- Gently rinse your sweet potato and microwave for 8 minutes (if using regular sweet potatoes, turn potatoes on the other side every 4 minutes. It is much easier to peel after you heat it up!). Let cool completely before you process.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a blender with the oil, milk and other ingredients. Blend until well-combined.
- Microwave again for 2-3 minutes and serve.
I know mashed potatoes are usually a side dish, but this coconut-y concoction was so amazing it was one of my favorite foods of the meal! I had to break out the almond butter and candied pecans with it. I just couldn’t resist. What is your favorite Thanksgiving side?
Until next time,