I don’t think I can ever sit through a Thanksgiving dinner without green beans and be at peace at the same time. They are that much of a staple! I do think they’re a bit underrated outside of the holiday season. Thank God for leftovers so that we may enjoy them even after Thanksgiving is coming to its end. They’re filled with fiber and they have this beautiful vibrant color almost as bright as kale. Almoooost.
- 4 cups of string beans
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP finely ground garlic
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Opt: cayenne and lemon juice
- Wash your green beans through a strainer. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan on high-medium heat and drizzle olive oil.
- When the pan becomes fairly hot, toss in the ground garlic.
- Stir-fry the green beans with the garlic. Add in sea salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- After 10-13 minutes, turn the heat onto low and let it simmer (covered) for 25-30 minutes.
Be on the lookout for my other recipes, including my soup and almond cookies! And if you get the chance, please check out the bacon-marinated chicken, baked oatmeal and oven-free sweet potato mash!
Happy Turkey Day,