Today is Thanksgiving. So we thought, “Screw the turkey. Let’s eat chicken. But because we have a dog the most logical thing to do is to wrap the bird in bacon. Yeah.” Ladies and gentlemen, feast your eyes upon the moistest, most tender, juiciest chicken in the world. The meat literally falls off the bone. It’s dark meat-lover and white meat-lover friendly! For a source of protein lower in fat, you can omit the bacon, of course, which is definitely not recommended if you want extra moisture.
- 1 large chicken
- 10 long maple bacon strips
- 12 rosemary stalks or 1 1/2 cup rosemary
- 3 TBSP garlic
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Thaw the chicken for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F at roast.
- When the chicken is thawed completely, gently pat it with olive oil and rosemary.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Cover the turkey with foil and roast for two and a half hours or more.
- Put in the middle of a table and watch it disappear.
Do you like chicken on Thanksgiving or are you a turkey lover? Or are you neither and like steak and bacon on this holiday? Either way, you win.
Enjoy your food baby!