While my sore throat went away in two days I was left with a stuffy nose and a bad cough, which isn’t any better. Considering that I lost my voracious appetite for food, I ate much simpler meals like raw crudité, steamed peas, and of course my favorite smoothies! This is my go-to smoothie recipe for sick days and just times when I need a pick-me-up for breakfast or a snack. What I love to do is add a tablespoon of raw honey if I’m under the weather (which I didn’t do in the video because I filmed after my cold), or for an extra superfood boost!
Behold my YouTube video for my favorite green juice recipe!
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 1 extra small apple, chopped (can be any size; a larger one makes the juice sweeter)
- 1 stalk of kale, chopped
- Chilled green tea (use more for a thinner smoothie, use less for a thick one)
- 1 mandarin, unpeeled
- Opt: cinnamon, ginger, raw honey, etc.
- Chop and measure out all ingredients (including optional sweeteners).
- Blend for 1 minute until the mixture becomes green.
- Serve in a tall glass, two 8-ounce glasses or in a bowl!
Thank you for watching,